Global Public Health Week
During Global Public Health Week (GPHW), the WFPHA brings together institutions, communities, and public health actors from around the world to recognize the contributions of public health and its workforce. This annual event engenders discussion on the best practices and missing gaps fundamental to disease prevention and the promotion of health and wellbeing.
Public health has been the “invisible guardian” of our health for decades. The COVID-19 pandemic has made the public health field more apparent and appreciated. However, the risk of regression post-pandemic is high. We cannot lose this momentum; we need to act now to prevent the next pandemic. Making public health visible and understood is a key step for emergency preparedness. Facilitating sharing of the knowledge, resources and barriers faced by public health professionals globally is key to improving public health in all contexts.
The second edition of GPHW commences on 3rd April 2023, with the theme “Building a More Equitable, Sustainable, and Resilient Health System”. It will be a hybrid event, combining face to face and digital gatherings worldwide.
In addition to the week’s theme, each day will focus on a specific theme:
- Monday, 3 April: Preparing Public Health Professionals & Associations for the New Challenges
- Tuesday, 4 April: Tackling the Climate Crisis
- Wednesday, 5 April: Empowering Our Communities – Protecting Minorities & the Most Vulnerable
- Thursday, 6 April: Making Health a Human Right
- Friday, 7 April: A World in Turmoil: A Discussion to Be Continued
- Hosting Event
Whether you are a public health association, a health organization, an institution, a health professional, a student, or an ordinary citizen interested in one of this year’s five GPHW themes, you are invited to:
- Choose one or more of the themes above.
- Mobilize your team to organize your own event(s) such as workshops, conferences, webinars, interviews, social media activities, contests, exhibitions, and many more in different formats such as in-person, online, or hybrid. Events can be big or small, local or global. Events can be organized in any language.
- Submit your event by 15th February 2023 using this link.
- The WFPHA will dedicate all its platforms, such as its website and social media, to give visibility to your events.
If you are unable to organize your own event, joining GPHW events and activities contributes to the success of events. Several events will be planned for each day of the week. Pick your favorite(s) and join us there.
Keep up to date with all the activities and news relating to GPHW by following #GPHW & #GPHW2023 on social media.
For more information, please send an email to: email@example.com