World Federation of Public Health Associations
Institute of Global Health – University of Geneva
Campus Biotech G6
Chemin Des Mines 9
1202 Geneva – Switzerland
1 – How we collect personal information
We collect your personal information when you make a donation, sign up for our newsletter, register online or at desk for WFPHA events (webinars, workshops, etc.), attend related conferences, volunteer, and apply for employment or internships.
2 – What type of personal information we collect
We collect basic identification information about users that we interact with, including name, address (city, country, zip code), email address, phone number, company/organization name, and profession. We also may collect special categories of data, depending on the type of user. The types of users that we engage with are: (1) WFPHA members (all member types, international organizations, networks), (2) website users (newsletter subscribers and WFPHA Campaign recipients and other events, spontaneous inquiries), (3) job / internship candidates and volunteers.
2.1 – Website Users
We may collect both basic and additional information from our website users.
2.2 – Job/ Internship Candidates and Volunteers
We may collect additional information from potential job candidates. This could include:
- Additional identification information (date and place of birth, nationality, ID card)
- Education and experience (CV, professional qualifications and experience)
- Previous employment records (position held, title of position, supervisor and co-workers, employment dates, work schedule), which may include contacting former employers
- Any other pertinent information
3 – How we use the information
We only collect data for specific and/or legitimate purposes.This may include the following purposes:
- Provide the products or services requested, including our newsletter, workshop and webinar information, and other important events
- Provide with updates leading up to WFPHA events to ensure that you have all the details
- Send you mailings or (most rarely) call you about WFPHA events
- Transfer information to internal WFPHA parties (i.e. Governing Council members) and to WFPHA members
- Publish information about members on the WFPHA website with their consent
- Send surveys to collect information on preferences (using external softwares or collecting emails)
- NB In case of data disclosure, we comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including court orders and exercises and/or to defend our legal rights, reporting to and/or being audited by regulatory bodies, record keeping responsibilities
- Contact Form 7 (mail form)
- Flamingo (mail supporter)
- Google Fonts
- Font Awesome
- WordPress (website builder)
- Divi (Page Builder)
- infomaniak (Hosting web)
It is important to note that any unprotected email communication over the internet is, as with communication via any other medium, not confidential, subject to possible interception, alteration, or loss. We do not encourage anyone to send personal or financial information to WFPHA by email.
4 – How long we retain your information for
We will keep your personal data for as long as the services you requested remain relevant. This allows us to keep you updated on the topics you are interested in. Your personal data will be deleted if you withdraw consent and if we are not legally required to continue storing the data.
5 – How we protect your data
6 – Your Rights
- Any information on news that you register to receive will be sent to you electronically or by other means. WFPHA may also send you unsolicited e-mail messages if it feels may be of interest to you. On some WFPHA forms you will be invited to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information via e-mail. You will not be placed on any mailing list if you do not select this option.
- The WFPHA does not distribute, sell or rent user information to anyone, apart in the cases listed under article 3 and in certain cases (where this is indicated in the specific form where you consent to, e.g. when you register for a Conference or Congress). These parties are not authorized to distribute, sell or rent users information.
- The WFPHA may use the information collected about you to improve its understanding of web visitors and to send information that you have requested or that may be considered of interest to you.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent from WFPHA communications at any time. You may opt out of all WFPHA communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe link when present (at the bottom) in the emails we send you.
- You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have about you, to have any inaccurate personal data corrected, to request that your data be deleted, and to restrict our use of your data.
All concerns and queries can be directed to email@example.com
If you are not satisfied by our use of your personal data, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority.