Internship with WFPHA
Aug 10, 2022
The World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA) is currently looking for 1 intern in communications.
WFPHA offers a unique environment for an internship for students in international health and development. Interns are given substantial responsibility for performing activities such as researching and writing articles, establishing contact with health and development NGOs around the world, planning international conferences, and fundraising. Each internship is structured to suit the needs and interests of the intern, such as working on an individual research assignment, as well as the requirements of WFPHA.
During the course of the internship, interns will further develop their writing and research skills and become more familiar with the key issues and actors in international health and development. They will have extensive networking opportunities as WFPHA is an international NGO in official relations with WHO, and has extensive contacts with other organizations worldwide.
- Writing and editing of original content (letters, articles, statements, press releases, newsletters, etc.) in the area of global public health.
- Providing content for different platforms (website and social media).
- Producing visual content for social media.
- Executing external digital communications (website, social media, email/text campaigns, Google AdWords, etc.).
- Liaising and coordinating with stakeholders.
- Maintaining a database of media organizations and contacts within them.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or similar.
- Excellent command of English; further languages would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge and experience using the Adobe Creative apps including Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere Elements, and other graphic design software.
- Knowledge and experience in producing and posting multimedia content for the web and social media.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Comfortable with new technologies.
- Eager to work within a multicultural and international environment.
- A good team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Good at multi-tasking and working with strict deadlines.
In-person or remote.
The internship is unpaid. The organization does not cover re-location expenses and does not sponsor international student visas.
Starts as soon as possible for a minimum of 3 months. The internship may be part-time or full-time.
22 August 2022
How to Apply