WFPHA works in close collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) to advance the field of public health. This collaboration aims to promote mutually beneficial policies, strategies and programmes, and plays an important role in ensuring the harmonization of public health interests and activities at country, regional or global levels.
As an NGO in official relations with WHO, WFPHA has the right to:
- appoint a representative to participate, without right of vote, in WHO's official meetings
- access non-confidential WHO documentation; and
- submit a memorandum to the Director-General of WHO, who determines the nature and scope of its circulation.
In addition, a collaborative plan of work for 2016 - 2018 has been defined. Main activities are reported below:
- A Global Charter for the Public’s Health: implementation and global adoption
- Supporting public health regionalization
- Planning, Preparation and Organization of the 15th World Congress on Public Health
Contact: Dr. Rüdiger Krech