BECOME A DIPLOMAT OF THE GLOBAL CHARTER NOW
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
We are currently in the process of selecting new 'Diplomats of the Global Charter' for 2017.
Who is the Diplomat?
YOU - a public health professional engaged in improving global health and willing to sustain the Global Charter for the Public’s Health's revolution within his/her working and living context.
What we offer
- Diplomat name listed on the WFPHA website Global Charter's Diplomat page
- Diplomat 100-word bionote once in WFPHA Facebook page
- Use of the title "Diplomat of the Global Charter" after his/her signature for the year selected
- 5% reduction on the entrance fees of the World Congress on Public Health next to the selected year
$200 USD per year.
With your contribution you will support training and advocacy activities around the Charter.
Who can apply and how?
To be awarded the title of ‘Diplomat of the Global Charter’, you must:
- Be a public health professional with at least five (5) years experience
- Have a strong network within public health and between sectors
- Have demonstrated leadership experience in the promotion of public health within your country and/or globally
To apply for the title, please send your CV and a motivational letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, why you wish to become a ‘Diplomat of the Global Charter’, and how you will use your current position to promote the Charter, to Dr Marta Lomazzi at
Public Health Association of Australia
College of Public Health, Manila
Newly awarded the title of Diplomat of the Global Charter, need a refresher or just want to know more?
Please review our presentation on the Global Charter for the Public's Health.
This presentation can be used as a training and education tool for new Diplomats, or by individuals and organisations wishing to learn more about the Charter. The presentation covers the context, vision, components and aims of the Global Charter, and how to implement it regionally, internationally and within public health associations. It also provides a brief summary of the next steps to come with the Global Charter.
Explore the videos and scientific articles below to learn more!
Lomazzi M, Jenkins C, Borisch B.
Global Health Action 2016, 9: 28772
Chris Jenkins*, Marta Lomazzi*, Heather Yeatman, Bettina Borisch. * equally contributed
The European Journal of Public Health 2016;
Michael Moore; Martin McKee; Bettina Borisch; Walter Ricciardi
The European Journal of Public Health 2016 26 (2): 207